Lactic acid bacteria are responsible for the malolactic fermentation that occurs in many wines, reducing the wine’s total titratable acidity, softening the wine, producing a broader palate of flavors, and enhancing the wine’s microbiological stability . UNFORTUNATELY, these same bacteria may inhibit primary alcoholic fermentation and can cause lactic taint, biogenic amines, and bitter mousy, or ropy wines. The D – Lactic Acid Test Kit has a range of 30 – 500 mg/L, equivalent to a range of 120 – 2000 mg/L with diluted samples.
REASONS TO USE D-LACTIC ACID TEST KITS
- Tests can be used for both red and white wines, and require NO adjustments or pretreatments. Accuvin has developed a unique membrane, built into each wine test strip, which selectively removes interfering colored anthocyanins without affecting other wine components.
- Monitoring for contamination allows the detection of problems when they are small and require less expensive and less extensive intervention.
- Check must with the D –Lactic Acid test to determine excess contamination.
- Monitor D-Lactic acid during fermentation to check for growth of unwanted lactic bacteria, especially with sugar present and a STUCK FERMENTATION.
- Monitor D-Lactic acid throughout MLF to check for growth of unwanted lactic bacteria.
- Monitor D-Lactic acid during maturation to check for growth of unwanted lactic bacteria.
D-Lactic Acid Test Kit Prices
20 tests/kit: $114.65
50 tests/kit: $209.12
100 tests/kit: $400.75